Hostel Volunteers/ Praktikanten gesucht!
Work & Travel in Patagonien!
Are you interested in working in Patagonia? In immersing your self in the energetic, fast-paced world of hostels? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for students and travelers to come work at our hostel. This position is very fun and extremely rewarding, but hostel work is also very challenging. You have to be able to learn quickly, squash a bad day and have boundless patience and understanding. The hours are long and unpredictable too. In return you get to immerse yourself in everything the hostel and Chile has to offer, and meet cool travelers from all over the world!
Who Should Apply
Apply if you...
- Are a friendly, outgoing person!
- Are self motivated, versatile and a fast learner
- Are willing to work long hours in numerous types of pressure...
- Work well with others and are unafraid to ask for help and report mistakes
- Want to improve your Spanish and get an inner glimpse at Patagonia!
It is helpful if you can:
- speak English, and some Spanish and German
- have experience with carpentry, cooking, cleaning, or gardening
It is especially useful if you’ve had experience working in a hostel before, but that is by no means required - we'll take your positive attitude and an open mind over any of the above skills - which can be learned!
Beginning of October and ending in the middle of April...
- Work at the hostel's busy front desk, checking guests in and out and taking reservations
- Become proficient on Jinoa, the hostel's reservation database, and enter online reservations from booking engines into the hostel system
- Help with cooking and housekeeping tasks as needed
- Engage with travelers to promote Punta Arenas and Patagonia!
- Assist in other tasks – carpentry, gardening, art!
What will you gain from this experience
- gain in-depth experience in the workings of a hostel
- improve your Spanish (and German, if you wish)
- learn about Chilean culture
- have opportunities to explore Patagonia
The possibilities are endless! You will work hard because we work hard – and well, it's a hostel. But we will also strive to make sure we can all get some time off to enjoy the outdoors and all Patagonia has to offer!
How to Apply
Please send us an email with your resume and a brief statement explaining why you would like to work with us!
There is no deadline. Decisions will be made as the applications come in.